Fuji's third generation of LTO, Ultrium 3, has a native capacity of 400GB
(800 Compressed) per cartridge with transferspeeds up to 160MB/s.
LTO Ultrium 3 is the first generation in the LTO Ultrium Roadmap to support
WORM (Write Once Read Many) functionality. The LTO 3 specifications include the
ability for WORM enabled and non-WORM enabled drives to co-exist and provides
users with very cost effective means of storing data in a non-erasable, non-writeable
- High capacity and amazing transfer rates:
- Capacity: 800GB (at 2:1 compression; 400 GB native)
- Transfer speed: 80-160MB/sec (at 2:1 compression40-80MB/sec. native)
- Enhanced durability – proprietary tape technology reduces self-demagnetization, increases high-frequency output and increases recording density.
- Added security – LTO Ultrium 3 (and later) Data Cartridges support WORM (Write Once Read Many) technology. WORM enabled and non-WORM enabled drives are able to co-exist and provide users with a cost effective means of storing data in a non-erasable, nonrewriteable format.