Save the EDID -- for HDTV equipment as well as Computers.EDID stands for Extended Display Identification Data. It is the standard table of characteristics of a display that is used by the source to optimize its output resolution, timing, and other operating parameters. When a display is switched off, de-selected by a matrix/switcher, or disconnected and then reconnected, the EDID can be lost. If this occurs, the video source device may lose its ability to output the correct image instantly. The Gefen DVI Detective Plus addresses this issue by recording the EDID from a display and making it available to a source at all times, as if the display is still connected. This product also passes through the communications between an HDCP-enabled source and display as necessary.
How It WorksTo program the Detective Plus, first connect it to the DVI or VGA input of the display that is being used. For the programming process only, the Detective is powered by an included 5V DC power supply. Disable the write protect switch, set the DIP switches to the appropriate positions, depress the program button, and after a few seconds EDID recording is complete. The Detective can now be disconnected from the display and power supply and installed at the appropriate place in the video distribution chain. The Detective will receive 5V power from the computer''s DVI or VGA output.
The Gefen DVI Detective Plus includes 5 pre-programmed EDID profiles that can be used in the event that a suitable EDID cannot be recorded. Instructions for selecting a pre-programmed EDID profile are outlined in the user''s manual.
The included DVI cable does not support analog VGA.
- Quick and easy way to store EDID information from any DVI display
- Provides a virtual EDID to maintain active monitor status when switching away from a source
- Supports resolutions up to 1920x1200, 2K, and 3840x2400 (Dual Link)
- Selection of 5 preset EDIDs are available for custom audio features and video resolutions through DIP switch selection
- EDID write protection switch
- No power is required after initial programming
- HDCP pass-through
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 2x 165 MHz
- Video Input Connector: (1) DVI-I 29-pin, female
- Video Output Connector: (1) DVI-I 29-pin, female
- Power Supply: 5V DC (needed for programming only)
- Power Consumption: 5W (max.)
- Dimensions: 2.6" W x 1.8" D x 1.2" H
- Shipping Weight: 1 lb.
- (1) DVI Detective Plus
- (1) 1 ft. Dual-Link DVI Cable (M-M)
- (1) 5V DC Power Supply
- (1) User's Manual