The IBM LTO Ultrium 6 Data Cartridge is designed to help organizations manage explosive data growth; sustain rapid, reliable access to data; and ensure business resilience. The sixth generation of LTO Ultrium tape media delivers 2.5TB native capacity and up to 6.25TB of compressed capacity for even greater efficiency and performance. IBM LTO Ultrium 6 data cartridges are compatible with LTO Ultrium 6 tape drives, which offer device-level data encryption to ensure data privacy and reduce the risk of data corruption due to virus or sabotage. The WORM cartridge model stores data in a non-erasable, non-rewritable format to prevent overwriting of stored data and reduce the risk of data loss due to human error.
- Up to 6.25 TB capacity with 2.5:1 data compression (2.5TB Native) - Reduces the number of cartridges and amount of equipment, space and labor associated with tape-based data storage
- Adheres to stringent LTO Ultrium Generation 6 specifications - reduces
data storage investment risk by utilizing open standards-based tape
- Supports IBM Linear Tape File System™ - Enables data file search and
retrieval using directory tree structures and drag-and-drop techniques
- Available in rewritable and write-once-read-many (WORM) cartridge models
- Available with custom as well as blank and RFID-embedded cartridge labels